The Eco-Rep Program
The Eco-Rep program is an academic class in which students help raise environmental awareness on campus.
This semester, the Eco-Reps...
- put on 'No Impact Week' to inspire the UMass community to reduce its carbon footprint,
- participated in a Divestment Campaign from fossil fuels, and
- will be helping run events at Earth Day.
Funds raised in this campaign will provide a grant to each of the 6 Eco-Rep classes (10-15 students each) to help them propose, plan, advertise, and implement a small, impactful campus sustainability project.
Examples might include:
- implementing dorm-based compost bins,
- setting up a used item recycling system with Terracycle,
- implementing a sculpture on campus about wasted plastic water bottles or office paper, etc.
We always have a bunch of creative and energetic students each semester who are just itching to do projects like this, but we have not had a budget to help them thus far.
Your financial support will help UMass Eco-Reps promote positive change on campus!